Happy Father's Day to all the dada's out there!
In this episode, our husbands, Andres and Erik join us for a talk about New Fatherhood! Fair warning: Juliana is somewhat chatty on this episode with weird and cute little sounds.
We asked them:
- What are your fears and how have you been dealing with them?
- How are you intentional with your kids(s) and your spouse or partner?
- What do we as your wives that helps you to thrive in fatherhood?
Take aways for some encouragement:
- It's super important to include other people in your processing. It serves your marriage, your relationship with your kids, and yourself as an individual.
- Remember that others have gone before you and have dealt with similar struggles. You are not alone, and there are solutions to a lot of things. You got this!
- If you’re in a relationship with someone, make time for your partner, dates are so helpful.
- Affirm your partner on a daily basis.
- What’s your intention with your kid or partner when you have time with them? (For example, is it to make them laugh?)
- Gentle and kind suggestions to your partner to build them up as you give options to support his fatherhood.
- Point out the good things your partner is doing.
- Support you partner when they want to have time alone or with friends from time to time.